Walnut Pastries Recipe
Walnut Pastries recipe, sometimes known as Walnut Cheesecakes.
- 225 g ready-made shortcrust pastry
- raspberry jam
- 85 g caster sugar
- 85 g margarine
- 1 small egg
- 85 g chopped walnuts
- Glace icing
- Walnut pieces to decorate
- Preheat oven to 325F / 170 C / gas mark 3.
- Roll out shortcrust pastry and line 24 patty tins with circles of pastry.
- Put a very small spot of raspberry jam in each.
- Cream sugar and margarine, beat in egg and fold in chopped walnuts: put about 1 teaspoon of filling in each pastry case. Bake until pastry is golden.
- When cold ice with white glace icing and decorate with pieces of walnut.