I love this easy Vegan Marrow Lemon Curd recipe because it doesn’t need eggs, making it vegan friendly and able to keep fresher for longer too.
Vegan Marrow Lemon Curd
Created by Recipe Boffin on 31/05/2016
- Prep Time: 20m
- Cook Time: 50m
- Total Time: 1h 10m
- Category: Jams, Chutneys and Pickles
- 900 grams / 2 lb marrow, chopped ( weight after skinning and removing pips)
- 900 grams / 2 lb sugar
- 3 lemons
- 110 grams / 1 stick firm vegan margarine
- Cook the marrow flesh until tender, then strain through a sieve to remove as much water as possible.
- Puree in a blender.
- Put the pureed marrow into a large pan.
- Finely grate the zest of three lemons, then juice them and add this to the cooked marrow.
- Add the sugar and slowly warm until all the sugar has completely dissolved.
- Once dissolved add the margarine and continue to cook slowly until this has melted.
- Bring to a simmer and stir until a thick smooth creamy consistency is reached (about 30 minutes).
- Bottle in sterilised jam jars in the usual way.