Delicious sweet potato soup with garlic, onion, curry powder, red pepper and coconut milk. Ready in 45 minutes.
Sweet Potato, Red Pepper and Coconut Soup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon mild curry powder
- 450 g / 1 lb peeled sweet potatoes, grated
- 1 large red pepper, chopped
- 3 cups / 700 ml good quality vegetable stock
- 1.7 cups / 400 g can coconut milk
- Sauté the onion and garlic in the butter in a saucepan until soft.
- Stir in the curry powder and cook out a little for two minutes.
- Add the grated sweet potato and the chopped red pepper and cook for another five minutes.
- Add the vegetable stock and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Leave to cool, then purée the soup in a blender.
- Return soup to saucepan, add the coconut milk, and heat gently until piping hot.