Tasty sour cream recipe that’s quick and easy to make.
If you’ve got some sour cream needing used up, why not turn it into pastry? When using sour cream to make pastry you need to add a little bicarbonate of soda. This neutralises the acid in the cream and produces a gorgeous pastry suitable for baking anything takes your fancy with.
Sour Cream Pastry Recipe
- 1.25 cups / 140 g flour
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 3 tablespoons shortening or butter
- about half a cup or more of thick sour cream ( enough to bind the dry ingredients to a soft, pliable dough)
- Sift the flour, salt, and soda together in a mixing bowl.
- Chop in the shortening to resemble fine breadcrumbs and add the cream to bind to a soft, pliable dough.
- Turn out onto a floured worktop and roll out and use as you would any other shortcrust pastry recipe.