A simple raspberry sponge recipe which can be made with any flavour of jam you prefer. Great for making economical use of your oven when cooking a main course dish.
Simple Raspberry Sponge Recipe
- 85 g / 3 oz / 3/8 cup margarine
- 85 g / 3 oz / 3/8 cup sugar
- 110 g / 4 oz / 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1 egg
- a little milk
- raspberry jam
- Cream margarine and sugar, add egg and a little milk and fold in flour.
- Place a tablespoon of jam in base of well greased bowl and pour in sponge mixture.
- Cover with aluminium foil.
- Place in a larger bowl with about 140 ml / 1/4 pint of water, cover both bowls with aluminium foil, and place in the oven alongside any other main course that is cooking.
Check out our huge selection of recipes online in our recipes index.