Shrimp on toast recipe, with the recipe name in Chinese given as K’ao Hsia Mi Mien Pao.
Make this recipe with fresh or defrosted prawns or shrimps.
A little proverb below the recipe reads:
Whilst travelling don’t reckon the distance, whilst eating don’t reckon the quantity.
Shrimp on Toast
- Chop up very fine 450 g / 1 lb raw shrimp and 4 tablespoons onion.
- Season with half a teaspoon salt and a dash of pepper.
- Add 1 unbeaten egg white and 1 teaspoon cornstarch/cornflour.
- Mix well and spread on thin squares of bread.
- Fry in deep oil until golden brown. Serve hot. These can be cut very small for hors d’oeuvres.