Easy custardy shortbread biccys – you can add more flavouring such as vanilla essence or almond if you feel like it.
A simple shortbread recipe the kids can help with too.
Shortbread Cookies with Custard Powder
85 g / 3/4 cup / 3 oz self raising flour
85 g / 3/8 cup / 3 oz margarine or butter
28 g / 1 oz custard powder
55 g / 2 oz sugar (powdered / icing or caster) + extra caster sugar to roll cookies in
- Preheat oven to 325F / 170 C / Gas Mark 3.
- Cream fat & sugar.
- Add dry ingredients.
- Roll into balls and dip in caster sugar.
- Place on a greaseproof lined baking tray spaced well apart, as they spread.
- Bake for 20 – 30 minutes until golden.
- Allow to cool on the baking tray before removing to pack in an airtight cookie tin or serve.