Scandinavian Baked Fruit dish of prunes, apricots, bananas, honey, orange and raisins.
Great for making economical use of your oven when cooking a main course dish.
Scandinavian Baked Fruit
- 110 g / 1/4 lb dried prunes
- 110 g / 1/4 lb dried apricots
- 2 bananas, cut into slices
- 1 tablespoon clear honey
- juice and rind of 1 orange
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons stoned raisins
- Steep prunes and apricots in water overnight.
- Place fruit in layers in a buttered ovenproof dish with the bananas and raisins.
- Add the honey to the orange juice and mix. Pour over the fruit and sprinkle with grated orange rind.
- Dot with butter. If necessary add a little extra water to cover fruit. Cover dish with aluminium foil.
- Bake in the oven for 20 – 30 minutes alongside any main course dish.