Rødgrød Danish Berry Pudding Recipe known as Rote Grütze in Germany. Delicious decorated with fresh berries and whipped cream.
This recipe is from Countess Morphy’s 1930s Kitchen Encyclopedia.
Danish Rødgrød Berry Pudding
- 450 g / 1 lb red currants
- 225 g / 1/2 lb raspberries
- a few bunches of blackcurrants
- 55 g / 2 oz sago flour
- cream and sugar to serve
- Stew fruit in a little water until tender.
- Strain the juice and dilute sago flour with 140 ml/ 0.6 cups of the juice.
- Stir this into the remaining fruit and juice, then remove from the heat and stir continuously until cold.
- Pour into glass dishes and serve with cream and sugar.