Easy spiced creamy party rice pudding with a topping of mixed berries laced with sherry.
Party Rice Pudding Recipe
- 1 x large 624 g / 22 oz can creamed rice pudding, chilled
- 200ml / 7fl oz whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
For fruit sauce
- 450g / 1 lb mixed berries e.g. raspberries, blackcurrants, redcurrants
- 1 tablespoon demerara sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons sherry (optional)
- Put the cream, sugar, vanilla and cinnamon in a bowl and whip to soft peaks.
- Fold cream mixture into rice pudding. Turn into a heatproof bowl or 4 heatproof glasses and chill for half an hour.
- Put fruit into a saucepan with 1 tablespoon water and simmer until fruit softens.
- Add sugar and sherry and simmer for a further 2-3 minutes. Spoon immediately over chilled rice puddings.