Rich and creamy No Bake Vanilla Cheesecake Recipe. Serve decorated with fresh fruits or fruit pie filling or serve plain (which tastes just as good!)
Fresh berries can also be layered on top of base underneath the creamy topping.
No Bake Vanilla Cheesecake Recipe
- 100 g / 6 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 225 g / 1/2 lb reduced fat digestive biscuits / Graham crackers, crushed
- 450 g / 1 lb light cream cheese, softened
- 100 ml / 6.5 tablespoons milk
- 150 g /0.6 caster / super fine / icing sugar
- 11 g / 2 teaspoons powdered gelatine
- Vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup / 115 ml double cream, lightly whipped
- fresh fruits or fruit pie filling to decorate
- Line the base of a 20 cm / 8 inch springform cake tin with parchment baking paper.
- Melt the butter and mix with the crushed biscuit / Graham cracker crumbs.
- Press evenly into the base of the prepared tin and leave to chill in the fridge.
- Beat the light cream cheese until soft and smooth.
- Add milk, caster sugar, and vanilla essence to taste. Mix well.
- Dissolve the gelatine in 3 tablespoons of hot water. Allow to cool slightly, then add to the cream cheese mixture.
- Fold in the whipped cream.
- Pour this evenly over the biscuit base.
- Leave to chill in the fridge for 3 – 4 hours until set.
- Just before serving, remove the cheesecake from the in and carefully lay on a serving dish.
- Decorate with fresh fruit or fruit pie filling if wished.