Marmalade Pudding recipe from the research kitchen, Regulo New World Cookers.
Marmalade is a jelly like citrus preserve of British origins made from oranges or lemons, and sometimes grapefruit or limes, often with thin slivers of peel added.
- 110 g / 1 cup / 4 ozs. flour.
- 110 g / 1/2 cup / 4 ozs. Demerara sugar,
- 110 g / 2 cups / 4 ozs. breadcrumbs.
- 110 g / 1/4 lb suet.
- 1 egg.
- 140 g / 5 ozs. marmalade.
- 1/2 teaspoonful bicarbonate of soda.
Mix thoroughly the flour, sugar, breadcrumbs, suet, beaten egg, marmalade and bicarbonate of soda dissolved in milk.
Pour into a well-greased mould dusted with brown sugar, cover with greased paper and steam 2 or 3 hours; turn out, and serve with marmalade sauce or white sauce.