Macrobiotic vegan chilli with kidney beans, Mirabella peppers, onion, celery and miso paste. A mild chilli; add Sriracha or hot pepper sauce if a fiery chilli is desired. Serve on its own or over brown rice.
Macrobiotic Vegan Chilli Recipe
serves 3 people
- 2 x 400g (240 g drained weight each) cans kidney beans
- 1 cup / 240 ml water
- 1 medium onion
- 5 celery stalks
- 2 red Mirabella peppers
- 1 orange Mirabella pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons miso paste
- A little hot pepper sauce or Sriracha sauce if desired
- Drain kidney beans and rinse in a sieve under running water.
- Transfer to a large saucepan.
- Chop all vegetables into small pieces and add to saucepan.
- Add herbs, a little salt, and the water.
- Simmer for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Stir in miso paste and mix well.
- Serve on its own or over brown rice.