Lemon and Sultana Loaf Cake
- 170 g / 6 oz / 1.5 cups self raising flour
- A pinch of salt
- 85 g / 3 ozs / 3/8 cup margarine
- 85 g / 3 ozs / 3/8 cup caster sugar
- 85 g / 3 oz / 3/4 cup sultanas
- 1 lemon
- 1 egg
- Grease and line a 450g / 1 lb loaf tin.
- Preheat oven to 325F / 170C / Gas Mark 3.
- Sieve flour and salt together.
- Cut and rub fat into the flour until the mixture resembles fine bread crumbs.
- Add caster sugar, sultanas and finely grated rind of lemon.
- Add lemon juice, beaten egg and enough milk to make a fairly soft consistency.
- Bake for 45 minutes – 1 hour until nicely cooked through to centre.