Serve this nourishing Leek, Carrot and Dulse Soup on its own or with a selection of rustic home-baked breads.
Leek, Carrot and Dulse Soup
- 3 medium carrots, diced
- 3 – 4 leeks, sliced
- a little butter or vegetable oil
- 1.1 litres / 5 cups best quality vegetable stock
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered dulse OR a little chopped fresh dulse
- 1 tablespoon fresh, chopped parsley
- a little freshly grated nutmeg to taste
- Sauté the carrot and leeks in a little butter or vegetable oil until soft.
- Add vegetable stock and dulse and simmer for half an hour.
- Allow soup to cool slightly.
- Remove one cup of the soup, and liquidise the remainder in a blender.
- Put both back in saucepan and add half the parsley, nutmeg and salt and pepper to taste.
- Reheat and serve garnished with the remaining parsley.