This handwritten recipe for Golden Crunch Biscuits is from an old recipe collection of Sarah Hey. Commercial versions of these Quick and Crunchy Biscuits include Golden Oat Crumbles, Golden Crunch, Golden Biscuit Crunch, and Golden Oat Creams.
It’s fun to bake your own, and Sarah made these quickly by just forming the mixture into balls instead of having to go to the bother of rolling out biscuit dough.
Golden Crunch Biscuits Recipe
- 55 g golden syrup (1 heaped tablespoon)
- 140 g butter
- 110 g sugar
- 85 g flaked oats
- 55 g desiccated coconut
- 110 g plain flour
- 1 rounded teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tablespoon hot water
How to make delicious homemade golden crunch biscuits:
- Preheat oven to 325F / 170C / Gas Mark 3.
- Melt butter, syrup, and sugar together.
- Remove from heat and stir in dry ingredients apart from baking soda.
- Dissolve baking soda in hot water and add to syrup.
- Cool for a few minutes.
- Roll into 18 balls and place well apart on a well-greased baking pan.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, or until evenly browned.
- Leave on tray to set, then cool on a wire tray.