Gluten Free Bramley Apple Sponge Pudding baked with a ground almonds sponge topping – delicious served with fresh whipped cream or custard.
Gluten Free Bramley Apple Sponge Pudding Recipe
- 110g / 4 oz butter at room temperature
- 110g / 4 oz caster sugar plus extra to stew the apples in
- 110g / 4 oz ground almonds
- 2 eggs, at room temperature, lightly beaten
- 4 medium Bramley cooking apples
- Peel, core and chop the apples. Sweeten with sugar to taste. Gently stew until tender.
- Meanwhile preheat the oven to 325F / 170C / Gas Mark 3.
- Place apples in the bottom of a lightly greased ovenproof dish.
- Cream the butter and sugar together.
- Add the lightly beaten eggs, and fold in the ground almonds.
- Place mixture on top of apples.
- Bake in the centre of oven for 30 – 45 minutes.