Ginger Egg Souffle Recipe made with sweet ginger syrup and stem ginger. If you can’t find ginger syrup to buy, use the syrup from the jar of stem ginger.
Ginger Egg Souffle
Created by Recipe Boffin on 13/04/2016
Extra special soufflé flavoured with stem ginger and ginger syrup
- 28 grams / 1 oz butter
- 14 grams / 1/2 oz cornflour
- 75 millilitres milk
- 75 millilitres ginger syrup
- 25 grams / 1 oz caster sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 3 egg whites
- 55 grams / 2 oz stem ginger
- icing / powdered sugar to decorate
- Melt the butter in a saucepan, add the milk and cornflour, and stir over the heat until thick and smooth.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat, add the sugar, ginger syrup, and ginger cut in tiny pieces.
- Mix well; add the yolks one is time, beating between each. Lastly, add the whites of eggs beaten to a stiff froth, mixing them in as lightly as possible.
- Grease some small paper soufflé dishes; three quarters fill them with the mixture, and bake in a good hot oven until they are a nice brown colour and well risen.
- Sprinkle with sieved icing / powdered sugar and serve immediately.