Dress up sweet big parsnips with light cream cheese and curry paste in this delicious Curried Parsnip Soup Recipe.
Curried Parsnip Soup Recipe
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- two medium onions, chopped
- 2 lb / 900 g peeled and diced parsnips
- 1 tablespoon curry paste
- 6 cups / 1.4 litres hot, good-quality vegetable stock
- 1/4 lb / 110 g light cream cheese
- some chopped flat leaf parsley to garnish
- Sauté the onions in the oil until soft.
- Add the parsnips, cover the pan and sweat the parsnips gently for five minutes or so with the sautéed onions.
- Steer in the curry paste and cook out for a minute so.
- Add the stock and simmer for 25 to 30 minutes, until parsnips are soft.
- Allow the soup to cool a little. Liquidise along with three-quarters of the cream cheese in several batches in a blender until smooth.
- Returning to the saucepan, season to taste, and reheat before serving.
- Use the remaining cream cheese to decorate each serving with a little dollop in the middle, sprinkled with chopped flat leaf parsley to garnish.