This Commercial Bakery Viennese Formula is for use in professional kitchens and bakeries. Use a buttery commercial cake margarine at room temperature.
Use either the metric or imperial measurements – DO NOT use a bit of both as they are not an exact conversion of each other.
The metric measurements will give you a finished batter weight of 4.4 kg. If you use the imperial measurements you will have a finished batter weight of 11 lbs.
The instructions are for a commercial mixer.
Viennese Recipe (Bulk recipe)
- 1.4 kg / 3 lb 8 oz baker’s buttery cake margarine, at room temperature
- 2 kg / 5 lb soft flour
- 600 g / 1 lb 8 oz caster sugar or powdered / icing sugar
- 400 ml / 1 lb milk
- colour and flavour as desired
- Cream the margarine and flour together on medium speed for 15 minutes.
- Mix together sugar, milk and any colour or flavour, then add in a slow stream while mixing on slow speed.
- Scrape down and mix for a further 3 minutes on medium speed.
- Pipe out in whirls or fingers on pans lined with baking parchment.
- Bake at 220 C / 425 F until just golden.
- When cool, sandwich together with a smear of jam and piped buttercream. Dust with icing sugar or dip ends in melted chocolate if liked.