Retro Northern Irish recipe
Coffee Mallow Crunch
- 7oz /200g / 2 cups crushed digestive biscuits
- 3oz / 85 g / 3/8 cup butter or margarine
- A pinch of mixed spice or cinnamon
- 1 dessertspoon coffee powder or granules
- 1 packet pink and white marshmallows
- After eight mints for decoration
- A little water
- 1/2 pint / 280 ml / 1.2 cups whipping cream
- chocolate or flake to decorate
- Melt margarine, add biscuits and spice and press into a swiss roll tin.
- Dissolve coffee in a little water.
- Add marshmallows and gently heat in saucepan until melted. Allow to cool but not set.
- Whip cream and fold into marshmallow mixture.
- Pour onto biscuit base and leave to set in fridge.
- Decorate with halved after 8 mints around edge and sprinkle with chocolate.