Ran out of jam? Make Cinnamon Toast!
Cinnamon toast is simple to make, and perfect if you’ve ran out of jam or marmalade. The bread is toasted on one side on the grill first, then the other side is buttered, sprinkled with demerara sugar and ground cinnamon and grilled for another couple of minutes.
- 6 slices of white bread
- 2 teaspoons demerara sugar
- 1 level teaspoon ground cinnamon
- unsalted butter
- Toast the bread on one side under the grill.
- Butter the other side, sprinkle with demerara sugar and ground cinnamon.
- Grill for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Cut into triangles and serve hot.