Cherry Oaties Recipe for delicious little vanilla flavoured cookies rolled in flaked oats with a cherry atop.
- 170g / 6oz / 3/4 cup margarine
- 140g / 5 oz / 5/8 cup caster sugar
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 280g / 10 oz / 2.5 cups self raising flour
- 55g / 2oz / 2/3 cup flaked oats
- glace cherries to decorate
- Preheat oven to 325F / 170C / Gas Mark 3.
- Line 2 baking trays with baking or silicone paper.
- Beat margarine until soft, add the sugar, beaten egg, vanilla essence and flour and mix well together.
- Divide the biscuit dough into 15 g / 0.5 oz pieces and roll in the oats.
- Place biscuit balls onto the baking trays and flatten out with a palette knife. Put a piece of glace cherry in the centre of each and bake for 15 to 20 minutes.