This is the bakery buttercream recipe we used in my bakery for making butterfly buns and sandwiching cakes together.
It is a versatile buttercream recipe, taking whatever colour and flavour you wish for.
The instructions are for use with a commercial bakery mixer.
Baker’s Buttercream Recipe
- good quality buttery cake margarine – 3 lb 8 oz / 1570g
- sieved icing sugar – 4 lb 8 oz / 2000g
- sweetened condensed milk – 8 oz / 225 g
- colour and flavour as desired –
- Mix margarine and sieved icing sugar together on slow speed.
- Add sweetened condensed milk and any colour and flavour desired, and mix in on slow speed.
- Scrape bowl down and cream for ten to fifteen minutes on medium speed.