Bachelor Buttons Cookies are so easy to make. Simply mix together brown sugar, butter, flour, soda, salt, egg and vanilla, roll into small balls, press with a fork and bake in a moderate oven. While still hot, sandwich together with jam or preserves.
Bachelor Buttons Cookies Recipe
- 1.5 cups / 250 g soft brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- a pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup / 170 g butter, at room temperature
- 2.25 cups / 250 g flour
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- Preheat oven to 350 F / 180 C / Gas Mark 4.
- Line baking trays with baking paper.
- Mix all ingredients together well.
- Roll mixture into small balls.
- Press each ball with a fork dipped in hot water.
- Bake until golden.
- Sandwich together with jam or preserves while still hot.