- 225 g / ½ lb. apricot pulp
- 170 g / ¾ cup granulated sugar
- Put apricot pulp and sugar into a pan, stir over a gentle heat until melted, then stir frequently until a little of it dropped on a plate shows signs of forming a jelly.
- When it does so, put the mixture into a paper bag and force it through in small lumps on to a well buttered paper. Sprinkle them with a little granulated sugar and leave them to set for two or three hours.
- Then lift the butter paper onto a wet board and take the sweets off. Fasten two together and sugar again.
- Leave again, to set.