You can use whatever colour of bell peppers you have to hand in this Peppered Chicken Chinese Style. If you like it a little hot, leave the seeds in the chilli. Delicious Chinese takeaway style dish.
Peppered Chicken Chinese Style
Created by Recipe Boffin on 13/05/2016
- Total Time: 55m
- Serves: 4
- Category: Chicken Recipes
- 3 medium sized onions
- ½ a cucumber
- 4 green peppers
- 2 red peppers
- 1 red chilli, seeds removed
- 2 tablespoons cornflour/cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt or monosodium glutamate
- 60 millilitres / quarter cup chicken stock
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 450 g/ 1 lb cubed chicken
- 1 tablespoon cornflour/cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Cube the onions, cucumber, and the green and red peppers.
- Finely chop the red chilli.
- Combine the cornflour / cornstarch, soy sauce, sugar, salt and chicken stock in a bowl.
- Dredge the vegetables in this mixture.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil in a wok and sauté the dredged vegetables until just cooked. Remove from heat.
- Mix together the cornflour / cornstarch and the soy sauce and dredge the cubed chicken in this mixture.
- Cook the dredged chicken pieces in deep fat until tender. Drain on kitchen paper.
- Quickly reheat the vegetables and combine with the deep fried chicken, ensuring that all is piping hot.
- Sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper and serve with boiled rice.