Spanish Prawns in Garlic Oil and Chilli
One of my favourite Spanish tapas dishes is also one of the most simple to make.
King prawns are simply cooked in a chilli garlic oil, and make a delicious starter or tapas dish.
Serve with plenty of freshly baked crusty bread to dip into the chilli garlic oil.
Spanish Prawns in Garlic Oil
- two dozen raw, shelled prawn tails
- one dozen peeled garlic cloves
- 3 small red chilli peppers
- 300 ml extra virgin organic olive oil
- a little finely chopped parsley
- Slice the garlic cloves.
- Slice the chilli peppers into small rings.
- Add garlic and chilli to the oil and bring to a medium heat in a good-sized saucepan.
- When the garlic is beginning to change colour add the prawn tails, salt and parsley.
- Simmer until prawns are cooked and serve in traditional terracotta Spanish tapas bowls.