Rocky Road Traybake Recipe
- 200g / 7oz dark chocolate (70% cocoa solids works best)
- 2-3 tablespoons golden syrup
- 140g / 5 oz butter or margarine
- 100g mini marshmallows, or chopped large ones
- 170g / 6 oz mixture of crushed and broken digestive biscuits / Graham crackers or rich tea biscuits
- Optional Ingredients
- Icing sugar to dust
- Raisins, dried cranberries or any dried fruit
- Line a small to medium sized square baking tray with baking paper.
- In a large saucepan melt the butter, chocolate and golden syrup over a gentle heat stirring constantly, then remove from the heat.
- Add biscuits, marshmallows and any additional ingredients to the chocolate mixture. Stir all this into the mixture until everything is completely covered.
- Turn the mixture into the lined baking tray and spread the mixture in the tray until flat.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours then dust with icing sugar if liked and cut into fingers or squares.