Easy Indonesian Nasi Kuning Turmeric Coco Rice, delicious side dish recipe suitable for serving with a variety of main course meals. Nasi Kuning is traditionally garnished with halved hard-boiled eggs, nuts, salad leaves, cucumber slices and diced peppers.
Indonesian Nasi Kuning Turmeric Coco Rice
- 3 cups coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 Bay leaf
- half teaspoon salt
- 2 cups rice
- 1 chicken stock cube dissolved in a little boiling water
- 30 g celery leaves
- red peppers
- cucumber slices
- fried onion rings
- Put the coconut milk in a saucepan with the turmeric powder, bay leaf, salt, and dissolved chicken stock cube.
- Bring to the boil and then remove the bay leaf.
- Rinse the rice, and stir it into the coconut milk mixture. Simmer until the coconut milk is absorbed, then steam the rice dry.
- Garnish with celery leaves, sliced cucumber, fried onion rings and chopped red pepper.