Indian Duck Curry Recipe with Coconut Milk from Indian Cooking by E.P. Veersawmy. Simply made with onions, garlic, chillies, curry paste and coconut milk.
Indian Duck Curry Recipe with Coconut Milk
Created by Viola on 07/08/2017
- Prep Time: 20m
- Cook Time: 1h
- Total Time: 1h 20m
- Serves: 4
- Category: Indian Food
- 1 duck divided into 4 portions
- 56 grams of ghee
- 2 tablespoons of chopped onions
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 2 green or pickled chillies, slit lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon of curry paste
- 2 tablespoons of thick coconut milk
- 1 heaped dessertspoon of tomato paste
- salt and lemon juice to taste
- Fry lightly the onions, garlic and green chillies in ghee for a minute or two.
- Then add the curry and tomato paste.
- Mix well and continue the cooking for 2-3 minutes longer.
- Add the duck and a teacupful of water.
- Mix, cover the pan and simmer gently until the bird is cooked.
- Add the coconut milk and with the pan covered, simmer for another few minutes.
- Season with salt and lemon juice to taste.
- Indian Dhal Curry Recipe
Authentic Indian dhal curry rice to serve with rice or chapatis. Dhal Ingredients Simply made…
- Prawn Boortha Recipe
E.P. Veerasawmy’s Prawn Boortha recipe, a Ginger Boortha made with onion, garlic, ginger, chilli, cumin…
- Indian Chicken Pilau Recipe
This is a real classic Indian pilau - the authentic chicken pilau you can find…