Easy Chocolate truffles recipe made with ground almonds, cake crumbs, apricot jam, cocoa powder, butter and sugar. Roll the truffles in chocolate vermicelli or chopped nuts.
Easy Chocolate Truffles Recipe
Created by Viola on 03/08/2016
- 55 grams / 1/4 cup butter, at room temperature
- 55 grams / 1/4 cup caster sugar
- Almond essence
- 85 grams / 3/4 cup ground almonds
- 2 teaspoons cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons sieved apricot jam + extra to roll truffles in
- fine cake crumbs
- orange juice or orange flower water to taste
- chocolate vermicelli or chopped nuts
- petit four cases to serve
- Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Mix in a drop or two of almond essence to taste, ground almonds, cocoa powder and 2 teaspoons jam.
- Beat well together and add enough fine cake crumbs to form a stiff paste.
- Mix in a little orange juice or orange flower water for flavour, according to your own taste.
- Dust some cake crumbs over worktop and roll mixture out into sausage shapes.
- Cut into small pieces and roll each piece into a smooth ball.
- Rub each ball with a very thin dab of jam and roll in chocolate vermicelli or chopped nuts.
- Set into petit four cases to serve.
- Simple Rum Truffles Recipe
Simple rum truffles recipe which is so easy to make, and perfect for parties and…
- Chocolate Tiffin No Bake Recipe
Chocolate tiffin is a much-loved easy to make traybake said to have been first invented…
- Chocolate Buns Recipe
This Chocolate Buns Recipe with cocoa powder is quick and easy to make and goes…