Chilli Fry recipe suitable with any meat or for a prawn chilli fry.
This chilli and ginger stir fry recipe tastes good made with chicken, beef, calamari, pork or lamb.
Chilli Fry Recipe
Created by Viola on 27/07/2017
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 25m
- Total Time: 35m
- Serves: 4
- Category: Indian Food
- 450 grams of any meat, cubed or sliced, or king prawns
- 1 tablespoon ghee or oil
- 1 tablespoon sliced onions
- 1 or 2 cloves of garlic very finely sliced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin seed
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ tsp. ground chillies
- 1 tablespoon of tamarind pulp
- Salt to taste
- Cook the onions and garlic in the ghee or oil for 3 to 4 minutes, then add all the other ingredients except the meat and tamarind pulp, and cook on a low heat for 5 minutes or so.
- Now add the meat. Stir thoroughly, cover the pan and cook slowly for another 5-10 mins, then add a small teacupful of water, cover the pan and simmer until the meat is cooked.
- Lastly, add the tamarind pulp.
- Stir and serve. The chilli fry must have only a little thick sauce.
- Indian Dhal Curry Recipe
Authentic Indian dhal curry rice to serve with rice or chapatis. Dhal Ingredients Simply made…
- Easy Gazpacho Recipe
Easy Gazpacho recipe makes a lovely appetiser served in little shot glasses. Healthy, fresh and…
- Indian Chicken Pilau Recipe
This is a real classic Indian pilau - the authentic chicken pilau you can find…